A few notes I thought I’d share after live-tweeting AMA-Atlanta’s June Signature Luncheon:
- Thou must not tweet everything. Don’t fill compelled to transcribe the entire presentation in a barrage of 140 characters.
- Use a pen and pencil to jot down tweetable information. This helps in the case your thumbs aren’t up to speed and you can’t tweet as fast as you’d like.
- Be familiar with your presenter and the topic at hand. Less time spent googling the presenter to make sure you spelled his/her name right means more time tweeting.
- Use the specified blogger or tweet table. Sitting here makes you look less like a jerk who’s obsessed with his/her iPhone.
- Use the specified hashtags. Hashtags allow you to see what other people at the event are saying.
- Retweet. If you missed a cool quote or quip, its okay to retweet the guy three tables over.